Thursday, April 23, 2015

Co

Week in CO

Highlights 

1. Sofia blowing out candle on her cake at her 5th birthday party and her wish being for my back to get better.  Hearing that heart-melter was even better than having a healthy back.

2. Helping to raise 5k to cover my good friend Phil Brownlow's medical bills at the fundraiser for him at the Oriental, seeing the joy on his face. Reading this from Phil afterward, "What awesome music friendship & community. It humbled me to my core. You guys inspire me to continue this journey in life."

3.  Being called onstage to perform at the end of the fundraiser, with a full band, plus slide guitar, violin, trumpet and back up singers.

4. My Dad being there for it.

5. Seeing so many friends from the D Note at the Fundraiser and hearing from them how much the place meant to them.
6. Sofia and Lucia holding a tarantula at the Butterfly Pavilion. At first they both declined.  Then 15 minutes later they decided to go back and hold it. So great to watch your children conquer their fears. The spider, Rosie, had a calming, sweet presence and Sofia went back to hold her again afterward.

7. Hiking up the foothills of the Flat-irons on a perfect day in Boulder with Genevieve.

8. Learning a gorgeous Ganesha Kirtan from Melissa Ivy. Not to mention the incredible breakfast she made for us.

9. My mom making all of my favorite desserts while I was back.

10. Playing a Slo Children set at the Highlands Cork with Jeremy and Jax Delaguerre and Pedro Castano.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment